Point-and-click advanced search for Atlassian Confluence,
helping your users find what they need, fast.
What is Targeted Search?
As a powerful add-on to Confluence, Targeted Search takes the guesswork out of organizing content, helping users drill down to find exactly what they're looking for. Deployed to select spaces for team use, or site-wide for a consistent search experience, Targeted Search helps you keep pace with your fast-growing information needs.
How Targeted Search Works
Targeted Search maximizes search functionality with integrated search capability. Configured filter groups empowers the search experience, offering focused results similar to online commerce searches familiar to most users. Additionally, custom Targeted Search macros offer advanced on-page search functionality not available with out-of-the-box Confluence, tapping advanced labeling mechanisms and querying to surface information just where you want it.
What You Can Do
- Tune search specifications space by space
- Configure filter groups so users are empowered to drill in to exactly what they are looking for
- Tightly control results, using specific filters and macros
- Ensure consistency and avoid redundancy with the Label Select Field macro
- Create custom searches from a button or link with the Targeted Search Link Macro
- Empower attachment uploads with controlled labeling using the Upload Attachment Button Macro
Meet the Product
Part of the Brikit: The Digital Workplace Design Platform, Theme Press works seamlessly with Atlassian Confluence to create well-branded sites that engage users. This translates into more consistent use and improved productivity. The app removes barriers to adoption by letting users make design and content changes without programming. With Theme Press you can transform the look and functionality of your Confluence knowledge bases, intranets, websites, and portals.
How Theme Press works
Theme Press gets you up-to-speed fast and easy. With one click, you can create a new intranet space, complete with example pages to explore and modify.
The app uses easy-to-edit template pages (called architect pages) that define and format page elements, including separate ones for the header, footer, and banner areas. These pages can be copied, renamed, modified, and then used as formatting alternatives, for an entire space or on a page-by-page basis. Menus are also defined by architect pages, and both menu style and choices can be easily customized.
With Theme Press, you have a page (a layout architect page) that defines the structure of your content display. You can change the layout from a single content block (the Confluence default) to whatever combination of blocks, columns and layers suits your content best. With the readily available Theme Press Control Panel, users can define what page elements are visible in the layout, such as breadcrumbs; page title; likes & labels; etc.
Layouts can include pre-configured content and structure so that a user's new pages are consistent with existing content. Using pre-built and easy-to-use code tools (macros), pages can dynamically include pre-labeled content from across your site in real time. Other macros can do everything from basic formatting to advanced searching–all without knowing code or programming–allowing users to build out rich pages and content easily as they grow more comfortable.
The Theme Designer lets you engage in theming--working with color palettes, fonts, and logo placements--to visually design pages that best reflect your company's brand. You can move objects such as the search bar, menus, header, footer, page title, and others to create a comfortable, functional, and consistent look-and-feel.
What Theme Press does for Confluence
Once you're using Theme Press to manage your themes, a multitude of options are opened up. Websites are more consistently branded and controlled--becoming friendlier and more engaging to users.
- Create different layouts to display your content most effectively
- Showcase content in multiple columns and blocks, instead of a single block
- Add pre-determined content into a new page based on the layout
- Manage color palettes to match your visual identity
- Provide pre-approved palettes for users
- Allow flexibility but assure consistency and proper usage
- Make custom font choices to match your needs
- Change out logos to control your brand
- Customize menus to provide effective navigation
- Select from a variety of different menu types to match your needs
- Use expandability to make pages more accessible but still rich with content
- Expanding blocks open up to reveal
- Spinning blocks give two sides
- Design for mobile and accessibility
- Don't Repeat Yourself–multiple views to the same content
- Theme Press macros can aggregate and display site content in a variety of ways and control access
- Display live content from multiple pages
- Include content from other pages to assure consistency (Don't Repeat Yourself!)
- Restrict content by user or group