Managing Rich Link Preview Content
Determining what gets served up to the user when a link is displayed as a Rich Link.
With the pre-formatted advance styling of Rich Links, content details are "pushed" to a page from another linked page. (This can greatly enhance the user experience, adding contextual information where it's needed, without weighing a page down unnecessarily.)
When a Rich Link is displayed on a page, Theme Press looks for the following information from the linked page:
- Space name
- Space icon
Select a block on the linked page to serve up Rich Link content
Any block on a page can be designated for Meta Properties. This is the first place Theme Press will look for metadata to display within the Rich Link preview.
No Meta Properties block selected?
Theme Press will cascade through the following areas if no block on the page has been selected.
- Attachment with the label "rich-link"
- Image in an excerpt macro
- Any attached image
- The page title
- The text from any paragraphs in the Excerpt macro on the page
- The text from the first paragraph in the first Content Block on the page
- The text from any paragraph in the page body