Allows for restricted visibility of content.
This macro allows the restriction of content to specific users, groups, device types, or HTML headers. This macro is especially useful for controlling the visibility of a limited amount of content within a page, rather than controlling the visibility of the page as a whole with the page 'Restrictions' option in the extended menu.
- Ability to control what content is revealed, and to whom, based on:
- Spaces that the user has permission to view
- A specific page that the user has access to
- Whether the user is authenticated or anonymous
- Whether the user is on desktop or mobile
- Possibility to allow or exclude users based on:
- A specific group
- A distinct list
- Ability to configure a "consolation prize" for those who are restricted
- Advanced users can use the HTTP Header Fields parameter to control access based on whether specific name/value pairs are matched. A separate parameter toggles whether any or all fields must match.