Working With Blueprint Maker
Blueprint Maker allows you to use existing pages, page trees, or spaces as templates.
Installing/Enabling Blueprint Maker
A System Administrator can install and enable the app by:
- Clicking on the Confluence Administration cog/gear icon (upper right corner of screen)
- Selecting Add-ons
- Selecting Find new add-ons
- Searching for Brikit Blueprint Maker
- Selecting Free Trial or Buy Now
Two different types of blueprints can be created with Blueprint Maker, Space Blueprints and Page Blueprints. The process for both is generally the same:
- First, create the space or page that will be used as the Blueprint. In both types, you can create page trees as well.
- Add substitution fields to your Blueprint pages.
- Create or update the Blueprint Maker JSON file to define and configure your Blueprints
Configuring Blueprint Maker
A site administrator can configure the app by:
- Clicking on the Confluence Administration cog/gear icon
- Selecting General Configuration
- Selecting Blueprint Definitions in the sidebar menu
Use of Blueprint Maker
The app can be accessed by users (with the appropriate permissions) by:
- Navigating to the Blueprints option in the Confluence Header
- Selecting a Blueprint and filling out the required fields (these values will pre-populate the substitution fields)
- The process above is sometimes called using the Blueprint Wizard, since it walks users through the creation of a space or page blueprint.
- After clicking "create" the user is taken to newly created page (or space home).