Information Architecture Package
Confluence, Theme Press, and the typical constellation of add-ons provide an awesome set of powerful capabilities. However, left unmanaged, collaboration occurs sporadically in a "Wild West" fashion, and over time can become a sprawling mess.
Our Information Architecture Package guides you in laying a solid foundation by mapping your organizational structures and concepts onto tool features, so your collaboration platform fits your community like a glove. Presenting organized, familiar concepts keeps your users oriented and contributing in the right places, and boosts adoption rates dramatically.
- interviews and questionnaires to ensure complete coverage
- documenting your information architecture
- a live demonstration site built out with the information architecture where you can "live in it" to enrich your feedback
- space exports you can upload to your site
- four revision cycles
Before we begin the process, your team will:
- do self-guided learning of Confluence and Theme Press (if used), or
- purchase training
Covered by the Service Terms Agreement (sorry, no alterations or substitutions).
Here's how it works:
|1||Information Architecture kickoff initial interview (following template below)||Brikit & You||1|
|2||Create your portal to guide the process||Brikit|
|3||Post interview results and create tailored questionnaire||Brikit|
|4||Clarify interview results and answer written questionnaire||You|
|5||Review questionnaire results and clarifications||Brikit|
|6||Meeting to review questionnaire and interview results||Brikit & You||2|
|7||Prepare information architecture proposal, site build-out shell, and navigation||Brikit|
|8||Review 1 (live tour)||Brikit & You||3|
|9||Sign-off on questionnaire, interview results, and scope definition||You|
|10||Information architecture revision||Brikit|
|11||Build out information architecture on your portal||Brikit|
|12||Review 2||Brikit & You||4|
|13||Information architecture and proposal revision||Brikit|
|15||Information architecture and proposal revision||Brikit|
|17||Final information architecture and proposal revision||Brikit|
|18||Deliver information architecture space exports||Brikit||8|
|19||Upload information architecture space exports / adjust content on your server||You|
|20||Handoff meeting and Q&A session||Brikit & You|
- Special features
- Organizational structure
- Content types
- structure data/integrations
- external systems (iframe-able content, JIRA, etc.)
- roles to what (teams, projects, etc.)
- security to what (teams, projects, etc.)
- external sites/systems
- content reuse
- Access points
- site and other home (landing) pages
- goals for each home page
- home page
- access points
Together, we will complete the following checklist to develop your Information Architecture. The full process typically takes 8-10 weeks from start to finish. A couple of notes:
- Each review cycle is open for one week.
- All deliverables will be deployed to, and available on your private portal.
- If needed, you may put the process on "vacation hold" for up to one year.
- For best results, we recommend doing this in parallel with our Theme Package.
- This package does not include installation or configuration of software, content, or package deliverables on your server. Additional assistance is available with Service Punchcards.
The Information Architecture Package process and Service Punchcard requests and tracking will be supported with your private portal (Confluence spaces) on our servers, which includes up to three user accounts. Your portal will be maintained for one year after completion of last service package, theme maintenance contract, or punchcard. User accounts inactive for six months will be automatically disabled (simply contact us to reactivate).