Managing a site space might be the responsibility of a Platform Administrator or could be delegated to a User Champion or even an individual content author. The space will have a default theme and layout, but the administrator might wish to override it.
When your administrator sets Theme Press as Confluence's site theme, all spaces using the Global Look and Feel appear with a Theme Press default theme. We call this the site theme.
To see the site theme in action, visit the Theme Press Default space (key: themepressdefault). (If missing, consult your Confluence administrator. He or she may need to grant you permission to view it.)
Applying a Theme to a Space
In some cases, you may need to apply a different theme to a specific space. Complete the following instructions to do so.
- Open the Architect tab:
- Expand the Space Theme accordion.
- Click the Use Space Theme button.
- Click the magnifying glass to the right of the Space Theme setting.
- A popup window opens.
Click a theme from the Available Themes section.
- The Change Space Theme window opens.
- Click the OK button to confirm the change.
- Wait for the theme to update.
Using Labels to Categorize Spaces
If you've got lots of related spaces, you can use labels to group them together into categories. This can be useful for viewing a summary of related spaces and their descriptions in the Confluence Space Directory.
You need space administrator permissions to add categories and descriptions to a space.
- Go to the space and choose Space tools > Overview from the bottom of the sidebar
- Choose Edit next to Space Categories.
- Under Space Categories, enter your category name and choose Add.
Alternatively, choose a category in the list of Suggested Space Categories.
- You can also add a description.
- Choose Done.
Additional documentation on managing space categorization is available at Atlassisian.com
Warning on Space Labels
Due to a performance issue (SEARCH-595), space categories (space labels) are now cached. This has the following implications:
- A change to the space categories can take up to 60 minutes to be picked up by Targeted Search. This may affect the visibility of filter groups.
- If you want a change to space categories to be picked up immediately, you can flush the cache (requires admin privileges):
- Go to Confluence Administration > Cache Management
- Flush the cache for com.brikit.core.cache.space-label
Still need help?